The Waffloid Server Is Officially Closed

Hi there,

As stated in my last post a long time ago, the server was going to shut down on November 4th. And earlier this morning I took it offline for the very last time. I hope you all have enjoyed the experiences you’ve had on the server these last 2.5 years! I will be putting the world downloads up soon so you can continue playing whether it be in singleplayer or on another server.

World Downloads:
1.7 SurvivalDownload (2.09GB)
1.8 SurvivalDownload (4.45GB)
DonorlandDownload (266.9MB)

Remember: if you’re trying to use a command or go into creative mode, you may need to Open To Lan and Enable Cheats in order to do so.

Let me know if there are problems with the downloads by leaving a comment.

Profile photo of Waffle

1. Profile photo of Chef

Chef - November 5, 2015, 10:58 am Report user

Cheers waffle you were a great host mate

2. Profile photo of epic_mario_gamer

epic_mario_gamer - November 5, 2015, 1:26 pm Report user

Will you put on here a download for the spawn world.

3. Profile photo of TwistedChick

TwistedChick - November 7, 2015, 3:48 pm Report user

Thanks for this, Waffle. Downloading now.

4. Profile photo of TwistedChick

TwistedChick - November 8, 2015, 12:47 am Report user

I’ve successfully been able to run the 1.7 world, but the 1.8 world can’t be extracted. 7zip says it’s an “unsupported compression method” and just sits there. Standard windows extraction says “The compressed folder is invalid.” I downloaded it twice just to make sure it wasn’t a glitch with the download itself. :( Can you check if this is the case for you, Waffle? Maybe the 1.8 world needs to be compressed and uploaded again. ;-; pls halp

Oh, i notice beside the download link it says the 1.8 world is 4.45 GB. My pc lists it as only 4.1GB. No idea if that’s relevant.

• Profile photo of Waffle

Waffle - November 8, 2015, 8:21 am

I’ll try reuploading the file, it may have gotten corrupted during the upload or something. But about the file size, servers usually compress files even more to save on space, so it’s a little smaller than what it was on my desktop.

5. Profile photo of TwistedChick

TwistedChick - November 8, 2015, 1:22 am Report user

FYI anyone running these worlds – you’ll want to turn on cheats and do /gamerule doFireTick false. Otherwise a whole lotta stuff that wouldn’t have burned down on the Waffle server will go up in flames.

6. Profile photo of SkullGamer85

SkullGamer85 - November 27, 2015, 11:42 pm Report user

Any idea when the 1.8 world would be available to download?

7. Profile photo of The Official GrumpyCat

The Official GrumpyCat - November 28, 2015, 12:12 pm Report user

Please put up the 1.8 download me and steve are planning on playing on it

8. Profile photo of Waffle

Waffle - December 5, 2015, 4:33 pm

I’ve tried uploading the 1.8 world to almost every hosting site possible and every time I download it, there’s an error extracting the file. It works fine before I upload it, so something else is going on. I’ll keep trying to get the 1.8 world download up, but its sheer file size may be a problem with hosting sites out there.

• Profile photo of chris

chris - March 28, 2017, 7:28 pm Report user

I can host it on my server (I will need to make a HTML app so that you may download it from your site (or I can put a page on my website that can only be reached by your website to download it )

9. Profile photo of Yoshifter

Yoshifter - December 6, 2015, 8:31 pm Report user

Goodbye Waffloid server ;3;)/ Ive had alot of good times on there in my early days playing with ChanceR, ihascookesh, chef, and some others, but you may not remember me but I remember you ;3;)/ you were the first “Youtuber” who I actually watched and I remember when I saw your video on the front page of youtube, it was one of the life as a creeper in the early stages of mc then you went into SMP with you and your friends, the only one I remember is Jason (I think) and Alex (from what I remember) well sorry to see the server go Bryan (Brian?) ;3;)/

10. Profile photo of Zachary

Zachary - December 8, 2015, 3:02 pm Report user

Is there anyway you give us a map download? I spawned in a random place and cant find my house.

11. Profile photo of crazymadkid

crazymadkid - December 13, 2015, 7:42 pm Report user

Do you think the server will ever come active again waffle? isn’t the reason you closed it because of collage? how many more years?

12. Profile photo of ghswimmer

ghswimmer - May 30, 2016, 12:34 pm Report user

Any idea of how you could make the 1.8 world download able?

13. Profile photo of Steve184892

Steve184892 - March 19, 2017, 9:09 pm Report user

Unfortunately when i tried to extract the 1.8 world it still said “Compression method not supported” so so its still corrupted.

14. Profile photo of ghswimmer

ghswimmer - March 20, 2017, 8:36 pm Report user

@steve184892 I got a working copy, I can send the file via skype, just remind me.

15. Profile photo of Steve184892

Steve184892 - March 24, 2017, 3:56 pm Report user

That would be nice. That world means a lot to me.