Minecraft 1.8 And The Waffloid Server

hihowareya

So today is September 2nd, the day Minecraft 1.8 gets the long awaited release. In a previous news post I mentioned how the server will be retiring the old pre-1.7 world in favor of getting a new 1.8 survival world. Well the server is ready to update right here, right now, as we speak, so anything is possible.

Well I am going to wait 3 days until I update the server, that should be enough time for active players to move their items and such to the 1.7 spawn. After which I will update the server to 1.8, get the new survival world running, and keep all 3 survival worlds running for another 3 days. This is just in case anyone wants to move their stuff from the old survival to the newest 1.8 survival, as well as let us know how the server will fare with 3 survival worlds running (spoiler alert?).

So yeh.

TL;DR (wasn’t even that long but dokay)
I will be waiting 3 days until I update the server to be compatible with Minecraft 1.8
After that, we will get that new 1.8 survival world and still run the server for 3 more days with the old pre-1.7 survival world until we toss the old survival out the window like Kayla’s laptop.

Edit: After reading over Spigot for 1.8, I found out it only allows players to log in via 1.8 clients, but actually runs on 1.7.10. So we will likely have to wait a bit longer for a legitimate Spigot 1.8 to come out for us to get that new survival world. Ayy at least people have that much more time to move their stuff over.

1. gamergoomister - October 1, 2014, 9:59 pm Report user

looks like the forms are dead,and the server isn’t gonna get updated

• Waffle - October 1, 2014, 11:55 pm

The server being updated isn’t something I have much control over. We still have to wait for a 1.8 version of Spigot to be released.

There is currently a version that lets uses connect to the server from a 1.8 client, but the server itself would still be running 1.7.10, so there is no 1.8 build out just yet. Once one is released I will update the server.

• gamergoomister - October 2, 2014, 8:37 pm Report user

ok,thanks waffle,oh and by the way,thanks you allowing me to use your TS and the live stream room,I try to always shout you out when I stream because its a great thing you do for your fans

2. DAEPICME - September 10, 2014, 12:38 pm Report user

Apporx. what date will you update the server?

3. gamergoomister - September 5, 2014, 6:25 pm Report user

what is strange is I had a dream that after the server updates I had became mod,and I never new,it was really weird but cool

4. Chef - September 4, 2014, 1:03 pm Report user

going back to that previous thread, /I think/ you should do the plot system with donorland only thing is there is loads of pixel art all over the place and hardly anyone goes there

5. lanethedude - September 3, 2014, 4:25 pm Report user

wait. I’m a little new to server updates. Does this mean the towns will be gone also or just the 1.7 survival world?

6. gamergoomister - September 3, 2014, 10:42 am Report user

hey waffle maybe you can make the server whitelist for 2 hours to move skulls castle? its to big and would be able to move in sections,so it might have to be moved all at once and crash the server,but thats your disision,and maybe you can help me move my fortress?,and add the new mob arena in the server update vid? hopefully my moragan freemans in my fortress come with it

7. gamergoomister - September 3, 2014, 10:41 am Report user

why waffle maybe you can make the server whitelist for 2 hours to move skulls castle? its to big and would be able to move in sections,so it might have to be moved all at once and crash the server,but thats your disision,and maybe you can help me move my fortress?,and add the new mob arena in the server update vid?

• Chef - September 3, 2014, 11:17 am Report user

If you can’t move the behemoth castle over you can always put the world up for download and carry it on offline

8. Chef - September 2, 2014, 9:52 am Report user

Minecraft updates, where I lag around spawn aimlessly waiting for the corresponding optifine to be released

• Waffle - September 2, 2014, 9:59 am

guude thing 1.8 has better fps. was getting some juicy fps while recording an undisclosed series that may or may not require the 1.8 snapshots.