In Regards to The Waffloid Server

hihowareya,

As many of you know, I haven’t been doing much to the server as of late, let alone logging on in general. Most of you probably know that my YouTube channel has received tremendous growth over the past few months, and that’s in part to me dedicating more time to it. Over the summer I started uploading 2 videos a day, 13 videos a week, and that took up most of my time. I may continue uploading 2 videos a day to please my newfound 40,000 or so subscribers I’ve gained in the past few months. This on top of me planning on going back to college next semester, and of course keeping a decent social life, would mean I would neglect this server that much more.

So I have decided that I would no longer be supporting The Waffloid Server. The server has had a good run, going from March 9, 2013 until now. It has had its ups and downs. Player surges here and there, though generally stagnant through the years. And that’s not necessarily a bad thing, the server was never really meant to grow. But more of just a fun place for my subscribers to hang out and play Minecraft together and occasionally with me. So, once the current payment has been used up, I will no longer be paying for The Waffloid Server, and it will be discontinued for good. The last payment will keep the server up until November 4th, 2015. I just wanted to give everyone a notice in advance rather than just ending the server out of nowhere.

I hope you all had a great time on the server, I know I did, but all good things must come to an end.

– Waffle

PS: If you want to donate to keep the server running, please don’t. I’m not discontinuing the server because of money. So please save your money. And speaking of donations, if the server gets any donations for ranks or anything from now until November 4th, I’ll just donate it to a charity since I won’t be using it towards the server anyway. So if you have a favorite charity, leave a comment down below, and if we do get any donations, I’ll take whatever’s in the server’s paypal + match it using my own personal money and donate it to that charity on November 4th.

1. epic_mario_gamer - September 5, 2015, 4:07 pm Report user

Chef, maybe you haven’t seen anyone on the server because you haven’t been on it. Everyone that’s posted something about this topic has been on the server. And why do you have time to post stuff on the website but not time to get on the server.

• Chef - September 5, 2015, 4:14 pm Report user

I look on the live map everyday to see what’s going on, whenever I go on all I do is fly around anyway waiting for people to ask me to do something. Unlike you and most people I’m not a kid and don’t have all the time in the world to play. Instead I’m at college working and making a life for myself

2. Chef - September 5, 2015, 2:39 pm Report user

It’s funny how everyone who never used it is now coming back begging for it to stay. Why do you want it to stay? you don’t even play on it some of you I haven’t seen in ages

3. Chance - September 5, 2015, 11:34 am Report user

ok good, its back up… so ignore the 1st thing I said…

4. Steve184892 - September 5, 2015, 11:34 am Report user

it just crashed it didn’t close

5. Steve184892 - September 5, 2015, 11:31 am Report user

It was just a crash chance

• Waffle - September 5, 2015, 11:34 am

Stop spreading rumors that the server is closed early, it’s things like this that make me want to avoid the server.

6. Chance - September 5, 2015, 11:28 am Report user

2 things, waffle why did the server go down TODAY on SEPTEMBER 5th?! and B. why cant you just shange the name, logo, and IP and give it to a dedicated player that can keep it running?…

• Waffle - September 5, 2015, 11:39 am

Now every time the server crashes, everyone will think it’s closing early. I very clearly gave a closing date in the post above, and you’re just disregarding that and thinking it’s closing early. I don’t know why you would even trust me if you think that’s the case.

Even if I did give it to someone, they would have to have extensive knowledge of running a server, diagnosing problems, and of course must be able to afford ~$50/mo out of their own pocket to pay for hosting since the server doesn’t generate much money.

7. Ian - September 4, 2015, 10:58 pm Report user

I don’t know what to say. I have been on this server for just about 2.5 going on 3 years, and I am heart broken to say the least. I have had all good times on it, and I have nothing against Waffle shutting it down, because it’s his decision and not mine. Nothing has been more fun for me in Minecraft than this server. Thank you, Waffle.

8. crazymadkid - September 4, 2015, 6:08 pm Report user

NO WAFFLE, DON’T YOU DO THAT! IF YOU DO I SWEAR TO GOD YOU BETTER GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!! THIS IS MY FAVOURITE SERVER, DON’T BE A SHANKY CHILD, PLEASE YOU’LL LOOSE SO MANY SUBSCRIBERS IF YOU DO! IT MIGHT EVEN BE THE END TO YOUR CHANNEL, BECAUSE YOUR SERVER GETS A LOT OF ATTENTION NOW BY OTHER MODS AND HELPERS! PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS, IT WOULD BE A MISTAKE FOR YOU AND YOUR FANS! PLEASE WE ALL LOVE THIS SERVER! PLEASE!!!

• Chef - September 4, 2015, 6:29 pm Report user

just respect the decision mate it’s hard work juggling youtube and a server

• Waffle - September 4, 2015, 6:52 pm

I haven’t advertised the server on my channel for a good 6 months, and I don’t advertise my channel on my server. So the two aren’t correlated in any way besides on this website.

All rank and donation transactions are final. I only refund if there were complications with the transaction or an accident with the amount/rank. I can’t revoke your rank and give you a refund, because the server will no longer exist. You don’t go to a restaurant, pay for a meal, get your meal and enjoy your meal, then demand a refund when the restaurant closes down a year later.

9. TwistedChick - September 4, 2015, 3:53 pm Report user

It pains me to hear that your beloved server will be closing next month. I’ve spent literally thousands of hours playing on it since joining last year. It’s so wonderful to see how developed it’s become over that time, and I’ve made many friends here.

I will dearly miss this server. The necessary loss will at least be less painful if I can still scamper around the map with my horses. ^_^
    Thank you for running such a lovely server for so many years. It was a treasure.

~Melinda/EquestrianRosie

• Chef - September 4, 2015, 5:13 pm Report user

we can talk on teamspeak for a while

• Waffle - September 4, 2015, 7:26 pm

Well, 2 months actually. I’m glad that you’ve enjoyed the server, even though I wasn’t able to maintain it as proactively as I have in the past.

10. greatgamerJDG - September 4, 2015, 1:42 pm Report user

Ok well thanks for the download waffle 😀 I will use keep it just incase 😛