In Regards to The Waffloid Server

hihowareya,

As many of you know, I haven’t been doing much to the server as of late, let alone logging on in general. Most of you probably know that my YouTube channel has received tremendous growth over the past few months, and that’s in part to me dedicating more time to it. Over the summer I started uploading 2 videos a day, 13 videos a week, and that took up most of my time. I may continue uploading 2 videos a day to please my newfound 40,000 or so subscribers I’ve gained in the past few months. This on top of me planning on going back to college next semester, and of course keeping a decent social life, would mean I would neglect this server that much more.

So I have decided that I would no longer be supporting The Waffloid Server. The server has had a good run, going from March 9, 2013 until now. It has had its ups and downs. Player surges here and there, though generally stagnant through the years. And that’s not necessarily a bad thing, the server was never really meant to grow. But more of just a fun place for my subscribers to hang out and play Minecraft together and occasionally with me. So, once the current payment has been used up, I will no longer be paying for The Waffloid Server, and it will be discontinued for good. The last payment will keep the server up until November 4th, 2015. I just wanted to give everyone a notice in advance rather than just ending the server out of nowhere.

I hope you all had a great time on the server, I know I did, but all good things must come to an end.

– Waffle

PS: If you want to donate to keep the server running, please don’t. I’m not discontinuing the server because of money. So please save your money. And speaking of donations, if the server gets any donations for ranks or anything from now until November 4th, I’ll just donate it to a charity since I won’t be using it towards the server anyway. So if you have a favorite charity, leave a comment down below, and if we do get any donations, I’ll take whatever’s in the server’s paypal + match it using my own personal money and donate it to that charity on November 4th.

1. Chef - September 3, 2015, 11:42 pm Report user

I’d say good decision, it’s good to move on sometimes, had some great memories and loads of screenshots too. Thanks for letting us use it

• gamergoomister - September 4, 2015, 9:32 am Report user

chef has a point, it was good time spent and a good thing while it lasted, even if he had given the server to someone else to manage, whos to say it will be the same? the server has had a good run and I am proud to be apart of it

2. wattanac19 - September 3, 2015, 11:08 pm Report user

Let waffle live on in our hearts. We shall always remember you, the ups and downs we had. But more importantly, we shall remember the people we have met and friends we have made. It truly is not about the destination, but about the journey. To Waffle!

P.S TheWaffleGalaxy is my role model.

3. wattanac19 - September 3, 2015, 10:57 pm Report user

NO PLS

4. Steve184892 - September 3, 2015, 10:02 pm Report user

well we’ll have to find another server

5. Steve184892 - September 3, 2015, 10:01 pm Report user

aww D”= this is my fav server

6. epic_mario_gamer - September 3, 2015, 7:33 pm Report user

Maybe an admin could take over the server. I think that’s a good idea.

• wattanac19 - September 3, 2015, 10:58 pm Report user

I agree. I love this server too much. D’;

• Waffle - September 4, 2015, 7:28 pm

There’s far too much personal information, both mine and those who have played and donated, to just give it away. Plus, I don’t have time to properly train anyone on how the backend of the server works, what files are where, and how to fix the server if X problem arises.

If you or someone else wants to make their own clone of this server, though, that’s fine by me.

7. epic_mario_gamer - September 3, 2015, 7:21 pm Report user

You can’t just end the server. There are a lot of people who love this server. This is my favorite Minecraft server. Please don’t end it!!!

8. greatgamerJDG - September 3, 2015, 6:58 pm Report user

Is their any last resort that we can take… anything! not even some1 who can take over the server for you while you cant?

• Waffle - September 3, 2015, 7:15 pm

I’ll put a download up for the survival worlds and anyone can host them on their own server and have a pseudo Waffloid Server if they want. Since it’s essentially a vanilla survival server, you wouldn’t need to do much to continue playing with friends on the same worlds with your own server.

9. greatgamerJDG - September 3, 2015, 6:45 pm Report user

NO please no this server I have spent so much time on and even made some friends. D; I am very sad to see the server go… Just….. please reconsider.

10. gamergoomister - September 3, 2015, 1:33 pm Report user

nooooo…this is my favorite server of all time, its were I go to have fun and see people, its were I go to spend my time trying to help others or continue the server or just have fun, but as they say all good things must come to an end