In Regards to The Waffloid Server

hihowareya,

As many of you know, I haven’t been doing much to the server as of late, let alone logging on in general. Most of you probably know that my YouTube channel has received tremendous growth over the past few months, and that’s in part to me dedicating more time to it. Over the summer I started uploading 2 videos a day, 13 videos a week, and that took up most of my time. I may continue uploading 2 videos a day to please my newfound 40,000 or so subscribers I’ve gained in the past few months. This on top of me planning on going back to college next semester, and of course keeping a decent social life, would mean I would neglect this server that much more.

So I have decided that I would no longer be supporting The Waffloid Server. The server has had a good run, going from March 9, 2013 until now. It has had its ups and downs. Player surges here and there, though generally stagnant through the years. And that’s not necessarily a bad thing, the server was never really meant to grow. But more of just a fun place for my subscribers to hang out and play Minecraft together and occasionally with me. So, once the current payment has been used up, I will no longer be paying for The Waffloid Server, and it will be discontinued for good. The last payment will keep the server up until November 4th, 2015. I just wanted to give everyone a notice in advance rather than just ending the server out of nowhere.

I hope you all had a great time on the server, I know I did, but all good things must come to an end.

– Waffle

PS: If you want to donate to keep the server running, please don’t. I’m not discontinuing the server because of money. So please save your money. And speaking of donations, if the server gets any donations for ranks or anything from now until November 4th, I’ll just donate it to a charity since I won’t be using it towards the server anyway. So if you have a favorite charity, leave a comment down below, and if we do get any donations, I’ll take whatever’s in the server’s paypal + match it using my own personal money and donate it to that charity on November 4th.

Profile photo of Waffle

1. Profile photo of gamergoomister

gamergoomister - September 3, 2015, 1:33 pm Report user

nooooo…this is my favorite server of all time, its were I go to have fun and see people, its were I go to spend my time trying to help others or continue the server or just have fun, but as they say all good things must come to an end

2. Profile photo of greatgamerJDG

greatgamerJDG - September 3, 2015, 6:45 pm Report user

NO please no this server I have spent so much time on and even made some friends. D; I am very sad to see the server go… Just….. please reconsider.

3. Profile photo of greatgamerJDG

greatgamerJDG - September 3, 2015, 6:58 pm Report user

Is their any last resort that we can take… anything! not even some1 who can take over the server for you while you cant?

• Profile photo of Waffle

Waffle - September 3, 2015, 7:15 pm

I’ll put a download up for the survival worlds and anyone can host them on their own server and have a pseudo Waffloid Server if they want. Since it’s essentially a vanilla survival server, you wouldn’t need to do much to continue playing with friends on the same worlds with your own server.

4. Profile photo of epic_mario_gamer

epic_mario_gamer - September 3, 2015, 7:21 pm Report user

You can’t just end the server. There are a lot of people who love this server. This is my favorite Minecraft server. Please don’t end it!!!

5. Profile photo of epic_mario_gamer

epic_mario_gamer - September 3, 2015, 7:33 pm Report user

Maybe an admin could take over the server. I think that’s a good idea.

• Profile photo of wattanac19

wattanac19 - September 3, 2015, 10:58 pm Report user

I agree. I love this server too much. D’;

• Profile photo of Waffle

Waffle - September 4, 2015, 7:28 pm

There’s far too much personal information, both mine and those who have played and donated, to just give it away. Plus, I don’t have time to properly train anyone on how the backend of the server works, what files are where, and how to fix the server if X problem arises.

If you or someone else wants to make their own clone of this server, though, that’s fine by me.

6. Profile photo of Steve184892

Steve184892 - September 3, 2015, 10:01 pm Report user

aww D”= this is my fav server

7. Profile photo of Steve184892

Steve184892 - September 3, 2015, 10:02 pm Report user

well we’ll have to find another server

8. Profile photo of wattanac19

wattanac19 - September 3, 2015, 10:57 pm Report user

NO PLS

9. Profile photo of wattanac19

wattanac19 - September 3, 2015, 11:08 pm Report user

Let waffle live on in our hearts. We shall always remember you, the ups and downs we had. But more importantly, we shall remember the people we have met and friends we have made. It truly is not about the destination, but about the journey. To Waffle!

P.S TheWaffleGalaxy is my role model.

10. Profile photo of Chef

Chef - September 3, 2015, 11:42 pm Report user

I’d say good decision, it’s good to move on sometimes, had some great memories and loads of screenshots too. Thanks for letting us use it

• Profile photo of gamergoomister

gamergoomister - September 4, 2015, 9:32 am Report user

chef has a point, it was good time spent and a good thing while it lasted, even if he had given the server to someone else to manage, whos to say it will be the same? the server has had a good run and I am proud to be apart of it

11. Profile photo of greatgamerJDG

greatgamerJDG - September 4, 2015, 1:42 pm Report user

Ok well thanks for the download waffle 😀 I will use keep it just incase 😛

12. Profile photo of TwistedChick

TwistedChick - September 4, 2015, 3:53 pm Report user

It pains me to hear that your beloved server will be closing next month. I’ve spent literally thousands of hours playing on it since joining last year. It’s so wonderful to see how developed it’s become over that time, and I’ve made many friends here.

I will dearly miss this server. The necessary loss will at least be less painful if I can still scamper around the map with my horses. ^_^
    Thank you for running such a lovely server for so many years. It was a treasure.

~Melinda/EquestrianRosie

• Profile photo of Chef

Chef - September 4, 2015, 5:13 pm Report user

we can talk on teamspeak for a while

• Profile photo of Waffle

Waffle - September 4, 2015, 7:26 pm

Well, 2 months actually. I’m glad that you’ve enjoyed the server, even though I wasn’t able to maintain it as proactively as I have in the past.

13. Profile photo of crazymadkid

crazymadkid - September 4, 2015, 6:08 pm Report user

NO WAFFLE, DON’T YOU DO THAT! IF YOU DO I SWEAR TO GOD YOU BETTER GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!! THIS IS MY FAVOURITE SERVER, DON’T BE A SHANKY CHILD, PLEASE YOU’LL LOOSE SO MANY SUBSCRIBERS IF YOU DO! IT MIGHT EVEN BE THE END TO YOUR CHANNEL, BECAUSE YOUR SERVER GETS A LOT OF ATTENTION NOW BY OTHER MODS AND HELPERS! PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS, IT WOULD BE A MISTAKE FOR YOU AND YOUR FANS! PLEASE WE ALL LOVE THIS SERVER! PLEASE!!!

• Profile photo of Chef

Chef - September 4, 2015, 6:29 pm Report user

just respect the decision mate it’s hard work juggling youtube and a server

• Profile photo of Waffle

Waffle - September 4, 2015, 6:52 pm

I haven’t advertised the server on my channel for a good 6 months, and I don’t advertise my channel on my server. So the two aren’t correlated in any way besides on this website.

All rank and donation transactions are final. I only refund if there were complications with the transaction or an accident with the amount/rank. I can’t revoke your rank and give you a refund, because the server will no longer exist. You don’t go to a restaurant, pay for a meal, get your meal and enjoy your meal, then demand a refund when the restaurant closes down a year later.

14. Profile photo of Ian

Ian - September 4, 2015, 10:58 pm Report user

I don’t know what to say. I have been on this server for just about 2.5 going on 3 years, and I am heart broken to say the least. I have had all good times on it, and I have nothing against Waffle shutting it down, because it’s his decision and not mine. Nothing has been more fun for me in Minecraft than this server. Thank you, Waffle.

15. Profile photo of Chance

Chance - September 5, 2015, 11:28 am Report user

2 things, waffle why did the server go down TODAY on SEPTEMBER 5th?! and B. why cant you just shange the name, logo, and IP and give it to a dedicated player that can keep it running?…

• Profile photo of Waffle

Waffle - September 5, 2015, 11:39 am

Now every time the server crashes, everyone will think it’s closing early. I very clearly gave a closing date in the post above, and you’re just disregarding that and thinking it’s closing early. I don’t know why you would even trust me if you think that’s the case.

Even if I did give it to someone, they would have to have extensive knowledge of running a server, diagnosing problems, and of course must be able to afford ~$50/mo out of their own pocket to pay for hosting since the server doesn’t generate much money.

16. Profile photo of Steve184892

Steve184892 - September 5, 2015, 11:31 am Report user

It was just a crash chance

• Profile photo of Waffle

Waffle - September 5, 2015, 11:34 am

Stop spreading rumors that the server is closed early, it’s things like this that make me want to avoid the server.

17. Profile photo of Steve184892

Steve184892 - September 5, 2015, 11:34 am Report user

it just crashed it didn’t close

18. Profile photo of Chance

Chance - September 5, 2015, 11:34 am Report user

ok good, its back up… so ignore the 1st thing I said…

19. Profile photo of Chef

Chef - September 5, 2015, 2:39 pm Report user

It’s funny how everyone who never used it is now coming back begging for it to stay. Why do you want it to stay? you don’t even play on it some of you I haven’t seen in ages

20. Profile photo of epic_mario_gamer

epic_mario_gamer - September 5, 2015, 4:07 pm Report user

Chef, maybe you haven’t seen anyone on the server because you haven’t been on it. Everyone that’s posted something about this topic has been on the server. And why do you have time to post stuff on the website but not time to get on the server.

• Profile photo of Chef

Chef - September 5, 2015, 4:14 pm Report user

I look on the live map everyday to see what’s going on, whenever I go on all I do is fly around anyway waiting for people to ask me to do something. Unlike you and most people I’m not a kid and don’t have all the time in the world to play. Instead I’m at college working and making a life for myself

21. Profile photo of ghswimmer

ghswimmer - September 7, 2015, 10:59 am Report user

Thank you, everyone I’ve been on for over 2 years it hurts to say goodbye but I think it’s time Mod or not. Waffle, thank you for all the memories with everything meeting you was the best, being a Mod was the greatest. I will remember all of you who I met and I wish all of you luck. Maybe a Wafflloid will create another server and post about it. I will remember all my projects, and those of you who helped on them. Waffle, I completely understand all the choices made, once again, goodbye everyone and Glory to Artsorska.
    ~Swimmer

22. Profile photo of crazymadkid

crazymadkid - September 17, 2015, 7:28 am Report user

Myself, Derick_rose1 and Boxman_61234 will do all we can in our 3 power to try and recreate the memories. we’re thinking realms, but were thinking of payment options.

23. Profile photo of Jake_Joachim

Jake_Joachim - September 22, 2015, 6:04 am Report user

I have created a server thanks to waffle yet it also had to get put down, this truly makes me sad though, that my most favorite server is getting shut down. Makes me wanna start hosting again just for this server. I’m really gonna miss all the epic mods and waffle, you all were very kind and I appreciate every moment as your the reason I started to like multiplayer. Skullgamer85 and I have met on here and she was one of my close friends on here. All I can hope is that some day you start a new server and continue your legend, after all I tried doing what you do and still to this day you’ve done it better:) good luck waffle!

24. Profile photo of Kaneki

Kaneki - September 26, 2015, 5:58 pm Report user

Don’t get me started on how much this has made me cry. It has made me realize more. I have barely played the waffle server because of PvP. I would always come on, too see my great friends, never to find an end. I have had unbeleiveable time played on Mcgamer, and other servers. I have only played the waffle server for 7.85 days, but much more on other servers. I will always miss this server, and all the good, or miserable things that have happened to it. If we ever find a new server, I’m sorry. And PS I’m totally not crying right now (ok i am)

-Neal, your loyal friend

25. Profile photo of Kaneki

Kaneki - September 26, 2015, 6:00 pm Report user

I wanna type some of my statistics.

Games quit: 606

Distance walked: 636.83 km

Distance crouched 47.88 km

ok nvm it takes too long

26. Profile photo of Kaneki

Kaneki - September 26, 2015, 6:02 pm Report user

230.97 km flown and i have never owned /fly

139,362 jumps

1,308 items dropped

43 deaths

27. Profile photo of Kaneki

Kaneki - September 26, 2015, 6:03 pm Report user

And now for the most insane thing ever

10,070 carrots eaten

5,409 golden carrots crafted

28. Profile photo of Kaneki

Kaneki - September 26, 2015, 6:03 pm Report user

I love you guys

not in a weird way but ur guud friends

29. Profile photo of epic_mario_gamer

epic_mario_gamer - September 27, 2015, 8:42 am Report user

If I could run a clone of this server, I would, but my computer can’t handle it.

30. Profile photo of Lilac03

Lilac03 - October 29, 2015, 8:15 pm Report user

I may have had a long break from this server but as soon as I get back into Minecraft I hear the server is shutting down in 6 or 7 days…. I’ll miss it sure but I will move on…. but I respect your decision. Welp this is my final goodbye to the server… and first. but anyways it was fun.

31. Profile photo of gamergoomister

gamergoomister - November 2, 2015, 12:44 pm Report user

if anyone want to join me, I will be having my self a good by party tomorrow for the server and how lovely it was been. I am still sad it is going down because this server is the only reason I play minecraft, but I will have lots of in game food, fireworks, and just enjoing the server all the way till is officially closes

32. Profile photo of The Official GrumpyCat

The Official GrumpyCat - November 2, 2015, 10:08 pm Report user

We’ll try our best to stop waffle, but like government he dosen’t hear us.
    So lets make these final days last as the server shuts down its mighty eye closes and it dies with all the memories
    So please make these days last

33. Profile photo of The Official GrumpyCat

The Official GrumpyCat - November 5, 2015, 7:07 am Report user

Hey i’m just making some facts here he won’t listen the server will shutdown so make the last day’s of these server last man.

34. Profile photo of TheToxicChad

TheToxicChad - January 18, 2016, 4:57 pm Report user

The memories from this server are some of the best I’ve had while playing Minecraft. The big party a long time ago with Waffle and 16 other people, the amazing towns built by all the users, and especially the community and all the friends I’ve come across. Even tho I’ve been busy with school lately and haven’t been on the server in several months, I’m sad to see it go. BTW, if someone can create a pseudo waffloid server, pls do and put the IP in the comments.

35. Profile photo of Blade_Xeon

Blade_Xeon - March 25, 2016, 11:37 pm Report user

RIP Waffloid Server. Definately some really good times here. Was sad to see that the server was offline in My Multiplayer rooms.

Thanks for making me Mod Waffle, its been real.