Urgent: the server will close on the 4th of nov 2015

Homepage Forums The Waffloid Server General Urgent: the server will close on the 4th of nov 2015

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Waffle Waffle 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steve184892
    Steve184892
    Participant
    0p

well it seems that waffle is a bit busy to re pay the server bill so he has decided to close the server forever (nov 4 2015) even though many of my biggest hopes never happened ie like being server staff and or my town getting popular but if you live in redhawk we found a server just give me ur email or ask on the server like on the last day, I hope you guys are aware so ur not like “what the servers down. . . oh no waffle didn’t pay” but if some of us could donate maybe we could keep the server running but other then that I hope you guys have a fun and safe labor day ~steve184892

Profile photo of BoxingEar
    BoxingEar
    Participant
    0p

I (and a few others) made a plan to move to another server

Profile photo of Waffle
    Waffle
    Keymaster
    10p

Like I said in the original post, it’s not about money or not paying the server. It’s about not having time to properly run a server anymore. I’m sure everyone knows how much I’ve neglected the server over the past few months and I wouldn’t want to “run” it like that anymore. When I started the sever I was younger and had less responsibilities, and of course more time. But now, I have to balance a myriad of different responsibilities, as well as making YouTube a full time job.

Profile photo of gamergoomister
    gamergoomister
    Participant
    1p

If that’s what the case is waffle couldn’t you have “hired” one of the mods who is active to manage and run the server as like a head-admin or something so that if you choose you could come on to the server and say hi every once and a while? that way the server stays intact, you can still come see your waffloids and the money the server has built up will continue going toward it?

Profile photo of epic_mario_gamer
    epic_mario_gamer
    Participant
    1p

The only active mod is Skullgamer85. So Skull could be the Head admin. Waffle would still own the server, but Skull would take over the responsibility.

Profile photo of Chef
    Chef
    Participant
    5p

I’m at college now and all that, it’s best to let it go if you ask me. There are so many servers out there still

Steve184892
    Participant
    0p

ok 1 just private msg me not give me an e mail. its a security issue but I just really like this server. . .

Steve184892
    Participant
    0p

i will really miss this server but from today (sep 4 2015) its still a while before the server closes and i have gone through a server closing before (i was on it was the last day about 5 min before the server closed the owner came on and said hey guys it about 5 min so do what you wanted to do now before this server closes for good. then when it was 1 min until the server closed the owner said its time to go the server will close in 1 min then we all left and the server was gone) and that’s the story

Profile photo of Chef
    Chef
    Participant
    5p

Come on guys we’ve got a good 2 months left. It is very hard work to manage a youtube and a server at once. It’s been great fun but you lot just have to let it go. It isn’t the end of the world and we’ll be fine. What we need to do is respect what waffle has done for us by keeping it up even when he lost interest in joining. good on ya waffle

Profile photo of Waffle
    Waffle
    Keymaster
    10p

@Steve184892 said:
    i will really miss this server but from today (sep 4 2015) its still a while before the server closes and i have gone through a server closing before (i was on it was the last day about 5 min before the server closed the owner came on and said hey guys it about 5 min so do what you wanted to do now before this server closes for good. then when it was 1 min until the server closed the owner said its time to go the server will close in 1 min then we all left and the server was gone) and that’s the story

This is one reason I decided to end it now instead of later. I didn’t want to surprise anyone in November that the server would end in a few days. I wanted to give time for loyal players to finish whatever they were doing and look for a new server. I also delayed doing so until summer ended because I know a good portion of my player base is under 18, so they just want to spend their summer having fun. And I didn’t want to ruin that by ending it in the summer.

Steve184892
    Participant
    0p

yeah it would be bad to end it in the summer, and box is looking for a server he thought he found one but now he is looking for another one

Steve184892
    Participant
    0p

and the server crashed / closed. . .

+1
    Profile photo of Waffle
    Waffle
    Keymaster
    10p

@Steve184892 said:
    and the server crashed / closed. . .

Just because the server is down doesn’t mean it’s closed. I very clearly gave a closing date for the server, so don’t think it’s closing any sooner.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.