Admin help or more commands for MODs

Homepage Forums The Waffloid Server Suggestions Admin help or more commands for MODs

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nyan Cat Nyan Cat 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AZWozzeck
    AZWozzeck
    Participant
    8p

Well, this is what I would like. I would like for Mods to get more command power, /cc (clear chat) and to be able to /tempban offline individuals, maybe /smite as well for rule breakers in action. If these cannot be granted to mods, we would need new admins or have our old admins come back to the server.

Chef, skull, and I are your most dedicated Mods. And it would help us to function at full capacity if we had a little more oomph. There are times I get bossed around by other players about moving buildings from donorland to the main world. It would help if I could do a smite once in a while.

I don’t want to seem like I’m being pushy. I do have experience helping out on other servers. There are things that I can do elsewhere but some of those things I couldn’t do here. As an elite on a major server (which are MODS in training), I have the command /smite, /ticket, /warn, /tempban and we could tempban offline players.

In my opinion, it would be great to have a head admin to help us out, but I understand that you want to make sure that people don’t abuse their powers.

Sorry for being a little buttmunch. I have your interests in mind. I’m just thinking, since you’ll be on that business trip. It’ll be easier for us to do our job without having to rely so much on you being present.

Profile photo of Waffle
    Waffle
    Keymaster
    10p

I updated the mod permissions to include offline muting and offline tempbanning. As for /smite and /cc, /smite is impossible thanks to weather being disabled. And I added a clear chat plugin about a month ago when you first requested this, but the plugin wasn’t very good. Pretty much none of the clear chat plugins I tried were good or even worked. So unless you can find a clear chat plugin that works fine, that doesn’t seem like it will be a feature anytime soon.

As for adding more admins, that isn’t very likely. There are really no perks that an admin will have, as far as moderating, that will really make much of a difference. The rank is pretty much non-essential anyway, hence why no real active players have the admin rank.

Also, don’t move buildings from donorland to survival worlds. Only move things from the survival worlds to other survival worlds, or from one part of the creative world to another part of the creative world. Otherwise it is nothing more than just spawning in free items for whomever’s house it is. Don’t copy and paste something in survival worlds unless you also remove the original building. It is recommended that you //cut instead of //copy when moving a house just so we avoid duplicating the house and the items in the chests.

Profile photo of epic_mario_gamer
    epic_mario_gamer
    Participant
    1p

Can those wonderful mods still move things from donorland to survival if we (the players) aren’t hiding anything too valuable in the structure? Like, say I want the structure moved to the survival world from donorland and there is nothing too valuable inside before it gets moved, can they do that?

Profile photo of Waffle
    Waffle
    Keymaster
    10p

@EpicMarioGamer said:
    Can those wonderful mods still move things from donorland to survival if we (the players) aren’t hiding anything too valuable in the structure? Like, say I want the structure moved to the survival world from donorland and there is nothing too valuable inside before it gets moved, can they do that?

No, that would still defeat the purpose of the survival world. You would still be spawning in a house that wouldn’t normally be there. It would also be unfair for users who don’t have access to the creative world.

Profile photo of mbooker
    mbooker
    Participant
    1p

hey waffle i have an idea for a plugin that can clear chat the plugin is called admin essentials

your welcome for the help in finding a clear chat plugin

Profile photo of Waffle
    Waffle
    Keymaster
    10p

I installed that plugin long ago and it wasn’t working, I’ll install the latest version to see if it works properly now.

Edit: Nevermind, looked up the plugin, doesn’t have a clear chat feature.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Waffle Waffle.
    Profile photo of mbooker
    mbooker
    Participant
    1p

waffle go to this link the plugin has a clear chat feature i use it on my server

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/adminessentials/

epic_mario_gamer
    Participant
    1p

But the house i’m making in donorland would be hard to make in survival.

epic_mario_gamer
    Participant
    1p

By the way, Waffle, have you looked at the page I started that basically says that I can’t open chests with my own name on them for Lockette.

Profile photo of Nyan Cat
    Nyan Cat
    Participant
    -2p

Yeah Epic the Private signs have a problem for some reason I don’t know why…….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.